Learn to grow probiotic cultures that will aid digestion, preserve foods, and add flavor and nutrition to fruits and vegetables. This course is designed to promote creativity while tasting and learning how to make probiotics. By the end of this course, you will be able to make your own fermented products like kimchi, ginger, turmeric, and beet kvass, and tepache (made from pineapples)! Learn where they came from, why they are necessary for our health, and how you can grow them in your own home. Walk away with new and exciting recipes to try at home like yogurt, kombucha, and sauerkraut.
Producers of probiotics, home brewers, fermentation enthusiasts, preservationists.
- Cleanliness and sanitation
- Probiotic production
- Favorable fermentation conditions
- Be able to follow recipes to create probiotics.
- Gain an understanding of why cleaning and sanitation are important for the quality of fermented products.
- Become familiar with microorganisms and the conditions that are favorable to their metabolism.
- Apply this information to make delicious ferments in a safe manner.