NC³ABI Central Region Meeting
The Central Region meeting is a great opportunity for you to network with fellow NC Community College biology instructors, learn new experiments for your classes, and share best practices all while having a great time.
- All NC Community College biology faculty are invited to attend (even if you don't live in the region!)
- Share your favorite resources, class and lab ideas, and challenges.
- Registration is only $10.
- Lunch is provided.
- BYOD (Bring your own device)
- Some travel funds are available to faculty who need them (contact Tanya McGhee for more info).
What to Expect:
This region’s program focuses on:
- Participants sharing class/lab activities. Everyone is asked to bring/share a resource that they think works well.
- Discipline specific discussions. Small group discussions centered around a particular group of classes (e.g. General Biology, A&P, etc.)
- Tour of Novozymes. Novozymes is a global biotechnology company who mass produces enzymes for use in baking, brewing, detergents, food, feed, textiles and agriculture at their Franklinton plant. On this tour you will see their production floor, research & development areas, and quality control labs. You will have the opportunity to speak directly with scientists, learn the enzyme development process, and find new ways to integrate this real world application into your classes! You'll go home with at least one ready to use lab activity that is perfect for General Biology classes and many ideas for renewing your macromolecule discussion! For more information you may want to visit: https://www.novozymes.com/biology
Please share this opportunity with part time faculty and others who may be interested!
To register please click the more information link below.