Submit this form to request this course to be scheduled.
Micropipettes are common laboratory devices used to accurately dispense small volumes of liquid samples. This course focuses on the principles of micropipetting techniques used in biotechnology and other laboratory settings. Discussion will include practical tips and techniques to increase accuracy and precision as well as ergonomic principles that may help reduce or prevent repetitive motions injuries. A test of each students pipetting skills will be performed at the beginning and end of the course to access skill advancement.
This one day, 8 hour course covers the following topics:
- Use and function of micropipettes
- Factors affecting pipetting performance
- Micropipette performance measurements and calibration
- Improving micropipetting precision and accuracy
- Ergonomics of micropipetting
- Efficiently operate micropipettes of various ranges of volume.
- Operate single and multi-channel pipettes as well as manual and electronic micropipettes.
- Demonstrate improved capabilities and increased accuracy with micropipetting.
- Perform serial dilutions of laboratory samples and calculate dilution factors.
- Describe proper ergonomic practices as it applies to micropipetting procedures and the prevention of workplace injuries.
This course is designed for entry level bioprocess technicians and operators, microbiology lab technicians, Quality Control technicians, pipette calibration technicians, incumbent workers as well as professionals in the biotechnology industry seeking training and hands on experience using micropipettes.